Berry-Basil Limeade Jam
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 7 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Rinse nine 1-cup plastic or freezer-safe containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly crush strawberries, 1 cup at a time, to measure exactly 5 cups; transfer to a 6-qt. stockpot. Stir in pectin, lime juice and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute. Immediately stir in basil and lime zest.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 23, 2015
Yum! I love strawberry and basil together because it just tastes so summery! My husband was kind of skeptical, but he's been loving it on toast and biscuits and my three-year-old daughter eats it every single day.