Three-Berry Freezer Jam
Give in to temptation and buy fresh berries in bulk. You’ll be glad you did when you transform those ripe little gems into a sweet spread that can also get you out of a gift-giving jam. —Shannon Becker, Burton, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 5-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- In a food processor, process the berries in batches until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sugar and lemon juice. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine fruit pectin and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add to fruit mixture; stir constantly for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 92 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 24g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Three Berry Freezer Jam in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.