Strawberry Freezer Jam
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + freezing
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Wash and mash berries, measuring out enough mashed berries to make 4 cups; place in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberry mixture and water. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2 in. headspace. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jun 27, 2018
Turned out great
May 8, 2018
I've been making this jam for YEARS! And my mom has been making it even longer. Once people have this jam, they never buy store bought again.
Mar 29, 2015
This made delicious jam. I have made other freezer jam and agree with jlbandlow, they set up differently.
Jul 9, 2013
Great recipe. For those who said it didn't set up, freezer jam is a bit different from those you cook, so it won't set up like those.
Jun 9, 2013
I even doubled the pectin and it still did not set up. Shouldn't this be a no cook item?
Jun 18, 2011
i really don't know if i would. second year in a row i made it and it not jell. was very precise in my measurements. i'm wondering if the lemon juice plus the 3/4 cups of water is too much liquid. should the pectin have been increased to 2 packages as suggested by "smstillinger."
Jun 9, 2011
Tasty jam, but it didn't get very thick. I think it could use 2 packages of pectin instead of 1. The infomation in the pectin box said to use 2 packages for 2 quarts of berries.
Jun 4, 2010
Turned out delicious but slightly thinner than I expected. But overall very good and will make again.
Aug 30, 2009
Can you substitute raspberries in this recipie?
Jun 24, 2009
Can you use Splenda in place of sugar?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.