Blueberry-Rhubarb Refrigerator Jam
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, cook rhubarb and water over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Add sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Stir in pie filling, blueberries and lemon juice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool slightly. Pour into refrigerator containers. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoonss: 142 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 15, 2015
Absolutely love this jam! The blueberry flavor really comes through!
Jun 12, 2011
Instead of using the blueberries, I used 2 cups of strawberries (mashed) and strawberry sugar free jello vs. the raspberry gelatin.
Sep 21, 2008
Re:Blueberry-Rhubarb Refridgerator JamEvery year I take my 5 children blueberry picking. With the aboundance of blueberries we pick, I came across this recipie. I had never made jam before and wanted to try something differant with my children. They absolutely love this jam. They eat it on toast and especially on pancakes all rolled up. I brought this to work as a breakfast treat and everybody loved it. I've mad several batches and have given them away as gifts. The jame freezes very well. This is another recipe that I will be passing on to my children.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.