Luscious Blueberry Jam
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Mash blueberries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add lemon juice; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 95 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 25g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Mar 17, 2019
Thanks for sharing, easy and delicious. I canned mine.
Aug 4, 2011
just made this with a special needs friend it was easy and so good, we also enjoyed pancakes and bacon and the fresh still warm jam. this jam lives up to its name LUSCIOUS...will be sharing this recipe.
Jul 31, 2010
I have just finished making the blueberry jam, and it is luscious!! Great blueberry taste, and so easy to make, I will be making this receipe for years to come