Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. In a large bowl, mash berries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add kiwi, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
May 10, 2014
I love this jam! I made this jam and I am amazed at the flavor! I have had something similar and found that the ginger can be a little strong... so I went on the lighter side of 1 Tbsp. I used just a pinch under. Perfect! I will make this again... and again! Love that it is freezer jam. So easy!
Jun 18, 2011
Amazing! This was the first time I ever made a freezer jam...and it was a huge success!! Great flavor, very easy!! You better make a double batch, because it goes quick, and you will want to give some to family and friends...too good not to share!! Love it!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.