I combined cranberries with strawberries and raspberries for a tasty twist on traditional holiday sauce. Cinnamon and cloves spice up this fruity topping that's great over poultry or pork. —Suzanne Ganatta of Mammoth Lakes, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- Thinly sliced cooked turkey
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; add strawberries and raspberries. Cook until heated through. Remove from the heat; cool. Serve with turkey. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Originally published as Three-Berry Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2002