Total TimePrep: 15 min. Process: 10 min. + standing
Makes9 pints and 1 half-pint
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 2 packages (1-3/4 ounces each) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine berries and lemon juice; crush slightly. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into nine hot pint jars and one hot half-pint jar, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 41 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 20, 2018
This jam is berry berry good.! Easy to make and great on toast
May 23, 2015
I made half a batch of this jam. I have it in the canner now. It tasted good and thickened up nicely. With that half batch I got 4 half pint jars and 2 4 oz jars. I didn't have any raspberries so used blackberries instead.
Dec 8, 2014
Which pectin should be used, Sure Gell or Sure Gell Lower/No sugar? I see this recipe uses 7 cups of sugar and I've seen a similar recipe using 11 cups of pectin. I have berries from the garden in my freezer that I'd love to make a mixed berry jam with! Thanks for your help!
Jan 5, 2013
This past summer, I made the jam and put it away to give at Christmas. I renamed it Jingle Berry Jam and it was a hit with those I gave it to. Great recipe!
Sep 6, 2012
Love this jelly i used blackberries instead of raspberries i will be making more.
Sep 6, 2012
OMG my kids love this jelly. I have never made jelly before this was the first kind i have every made. i used blackberries instead of raspberries and my kids love it. i will be making more.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.