Double-Berry Jalapeno Jam
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Process: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups crushed strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup crushed blackberries (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-2/3 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine jalapenos, strawberries and blackberries. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Dec 21, 2014
Nice flavor not too hot. I used this in the Chutney Cheese Ball recipe found on this website (instead of the Mango). It would probably be good with pecans (I'll try that next time).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.