Habanero Strawberry Jam
I love spicy and sweet dishes! This tastes excellent layered over a bar of cream cheese and served with crackers, or you can slather it on a toasted English muffin. Yum! —Sarah Gilbert, Aloha, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4-1/2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1/2 cup minced seeded habanero peppers
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberries, peppers and lemon juice. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into nine hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's Note: The processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 84 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 15, 2018
This is the BEST jam I have ever had!!! I thought there would be too much habanero but it’s not. The peppers cook down and give AWESOME flavor! I will be making more for sure. Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe!