I make all my own jams, and this marmalade is a favorite. It marries the warm flavors of peaches and pears with citrus. —Lorraine Wright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Process: 10 min.
- 1 medium orange
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Finely grate peel from orange; peel and section the fruit. Place peel and sections in a Dutch oven. Add peaches and pears. Stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 88 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Three Fruit Marmalade in Country Woman August/September 2011