Hot Spiced Berry Punch
I like to make punch in the slow cooker for parties. Add a splash of bourbon or whisky for an adult crowd. It’s also superb for poaching pears.—Judy Batson, Tampa, FL
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makes10 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 4 cups frozen unsweetened mixed berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole star anise
- 8 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- Mixed fresh berries, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until heated through. Strain punch, discarding fruit and spices. If desired, serve with fresh berries.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without fresh fruit): 148 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Berry Berry Hot Spiced Punch in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.