Healthy Triple Berry Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, raspberries, blueberries and honey. Combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add milk and oil, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot berry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 290 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2011
This is delicious...I found that I didn't need to add all the liquid before it reached the dough consistency... and the cobbler turned out just great...
Sep 26, 2011
This was very good..even my boys who do NOT like Cranberries ate this! The only change I made was to add a little cinnamon to the cobbler part. Then sprinkles a little nutmeg on top before baking.