Berry-Cherry Peach Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, blueberries, cherries, 1 cup orange juice and sugar; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into hot fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without ice cream): 76 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 27, 2013
I tried it & it was amazing. My husband doesn't like sweets but this time he asked for more and next day he told his friend about it and that doesn't usually happen. My son asked me to put slices of banana on the ice cream not in the sauce, i did & it was yumy too. i used canned peaches so i didn't need to add suger, i just put a dash.
Jul 14, 2012
I've made this twice and it was great and so easy. You must try it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.