Berry BBQ Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 cups barbecue sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine berries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in desired amount of barbecue sauce; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until thickened. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 36 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
May 3, 2016
I didn't have blackberries so I replaced with thawed, frozen rhubarb...I think you could use almost any fruit combo. Delish
Apr 14, 2016
made this for some pulled pork and loved it! it made so much that i froze most of it; hopefully it freezes well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.