Berry Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix sugar, tapioca and salt. Place cherries, raspberries and lemon juice in a large bowl; toss gently with sugar mixture. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Unroll one pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; trim pastry to 3/4 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Unroll remaining pastry; cut into 2-1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Whisk together egg and milk; brush over lattice top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 5-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pie. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 451 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 9, 2014
Baking is not my cup of tea, but when I saw how easy this recipe looked, with the refrigerated pie pastry, I just had to try it. OMG.. so good. (Volunteer Field Editor)
Jan 22, 2013
it's the best cherry berry pie i've ever tasted
Jun 22, 2010
One of my family's favorites. I have given this recipe to many women who have also loved it.
Nov 24, 2009
My husband loves this pie and asks for it often. this is his birthday pie every year! I even have friends ask for it when I go to their homes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.