Cherry-Berry Fruit Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh tart cherries, pitted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Fill with fruit mixture and dot with butter. Make a lattice crust with remaining pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Beat egg and water; brush over lattice top.
- Bake at 400° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 402 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 11, 2015
This pie was absolutely delicious! I could not find fresh pitted cherries so I used canned pitted cherries and it was still fantastic! I was afraid it would be fairly runny as it is a juicy pie but it actually had just about the perfect amount of juiciness to it. I did not use a frozen rolled pastry dough but used the Betty Crocker mix to make the dough and it came out just fine.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.