Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Add berries; stir gently. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 452 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 28, 2013
This is a great recipe but do not cook in pie dish it will boil over and make a huge mess. Cook in caserole dish.
Aug 1, 2010
Oops, forgot to give it the 5 stars it deserves!
Aug 1, 2010
Wonderful recipe! Made 14 small rustic tarts Thursday; and, a large pie today. Always have home-made pie crust in the freezer; so, it is a snap to make. This recipe is a real winner. My family loved it!
Oct 2, 2008
I've made this pie several times, and gotten raves for it at potlucks. It's great warm with vanilla ice cream. The filling by itself would make a yummy ice cream topping.