Berry Cheesecake Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry jelly
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Sliced fresh strawberries and additional blueberries, optional
- Place one phyllo sheet in a greased 9-in. pie plate; brush with butter. Repeat seven times; trim edges. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (center will puff up). Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; cover edges with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake 23-27 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, beat jelly until smooth; spread over filling. Spread with whipped topping. Garnish with strawberries and additional blueberries if desired.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 466 calories, 31g fat (20g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 4, 2014
Jun 16, 2014
Kind of heavy and disappointing. Crust was interesting. Next time I would do graham cracker crust.
Jun 10, 2014
This recipe would be greatly improved if it instructed that a fork be used to poke holes through the layers of phyllo dough prior to browning the crust. That will reduce the puffing of the layers during baking.
Jan 16, 2014
love the phyllo crust. awesome pie
Aug 28, 2013
Delicious! Have made this recipe several times. So easy. So very very good!
Aug 22, 2013
Easy to make excellent pie! I made graham cracker crust and used raspberry jam as that is what I had it was a delicious!
Jul 24, 2013
My family loves this dessert! I made it the first time using "birthday cake" flavored oreos (yellow cookie with confetti type icing) for a cookie crust, and now they refuse to let me make it with any other crust! I've gotten rave reviews on it each time. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe
Jul 23, 2013
So good and light. Made it for dessert tonight, but didn't realize how long it took to cool. If you plan on making this for a special occasion, plan ahead.
Jun 7, 2013
I thought this could be a little sweeter and while the phyllo dough was quick and easy I found it to be flavorless. I will use a graham cracker crust or regular pie crust next time.
Jun 5, 2013
In spite of completely messing up the crust, the filling was yummy. I let the phyllo defrost on the counter and could not get the sheets apart. $4.34 down the tubes :(
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.