Cherry Berry Pie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Drain cherries and raspberries; reserve 1-1/4 cups juice and set fruit aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, extract and food coloring. Gently fold in fruit. Cool slightly. Pour filling into pie crust and top with a lattice crust. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 421 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 12, 2013
This was very good. I did add more berries.
Jun 20, 2010
This pie was very tasty. The filling was a little runny, but my family are not picky eaters so they enjoyed it very much.