Cherry Pineapple Pie
"My husband never liked cherry pie, until I added pineapple," says Carolyn Bartley of Curtice, Ohio.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, well drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 drops almond extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in cherries, pineapple and extract.
- Line a 9-in. pie pan with the bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Top with lattice crust. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 443 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 271mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cherry Pineapple Pie in Taste of Home February/March 1998