Cherry Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts, butter and brown sugar. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Set aside 1 cup of crumbs. While warm, press the remaining crumbs into a greased 9-in. pie plate, firmly pressing onto the bottom and up the sides. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spread over bottom of crust. Gently fold whipped cream into the pie filling; spread over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 547 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2019
Quick question. I've read and re-read the list of ingredients, but I don't see cherry pie filling. I'm assuming this recipe calls for a standard sized can or 1 cups of homemade filling. Is that correct? Sounds delicious and vesatile!
Sep 22, 2016
Hi slowinsjams,You're using the 9 x 13 pan to toast the nuts and crumbs. If you read a bit further in that paragraph you'll see " Set aside 1 cup of crumbs. While warm, press the remaining crumbs into a greased 9-in. pie plate"That forms the crust for the pie.Hope that helps!
Sep 21, 2016
Is the filling for a pie or the 9X13 pan in the first paragraph of directions?
Jun 19, 2016
I didn't make the crust (allergies) so used a package Graham cracker crust. Used vanilla extract (allergies) and 1/2 tub cool whip (lazy). Delicious. Would like more cheese layer.
Jul 23, 2010
Very good! Although I thought it could have used a little more of the cream cheese layer for the amount of cherry layer. Loved the crust!