Sour Cream Cherry Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 3 cups pitted frozen tart cherries, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Arrange cherries evenly in the pastry shell. Dot with butter. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Spread evenly over cherries. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 473 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 30, 2018
This is my FAVORITE pie ever! I made this 3 years ago for a Christmas pie event. It was such a hit! Now when I make it I always make two pies because it’s gone in no time. I use store bought crust. I sub out cherries for raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries or a combo of those berries together. Raspberry and cranberry together during the holiday is a great blend. This pie pairs well with a tart fuirt. I bet rubhbar would be amazing....I use fresh fruit in my pies. I usually Cook my pies at 400 degrees for 10 min then 350 for 30 and then 325 for 20 mins. I typically cool my pies on the counter, then frigerate undercovered over night. This pie really needs to have time to congeal. This pie is great as breakfast brunch or dessert. Try it. You will not be disappointed.
Dec 14, 2016
Tried this out on guests. We all loved it. Substituted plain greek yogurt for the sour cream. I've not made it with sour cream so I can't compare the two. I used a store-bought crust. I did not have to cook it extra.
Jul 18, 2014
This pie is amazing! I made it once, then had to triple the recipe for all my extended family! The only thing is that it takes longer to cook then the recipe states. I cooked it like the recipe said 400 for 10min, the 350 for 30 min THEN I cooked it an additional 20 min at 325. My cherries are off my tree and must be extra juicy! This is so delicious!
Aug 13, 2011
This was very good and very easy to make, I used store-bought frozen pie crust, I am too lazy to make my own crust, so I liked that this did not need a top crust. I actually spread the sour cream mixture over two pies as there was plenty to do so. Next time, though, I would cut all the cherries in halves, or even quarters, to allow the fresh cherry flavour
Mar 17, 2010
I made this with both blueberries and cherries. My family liked the bluebrerry the best!
Jun 19, 2008
Thanks Betty...cherry pie is my very favorite. I'll try it as soon as my pie cherries are ripe...if the birds don't eat every last one! Julie