Chocolate-Cherry Ice Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 bottle (7-1/4 ounces) chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) peanut butter cups, chopped
- Following package directions, drizzle half of the ice cream topping over crust; gently spread to coat bottom and sides. Freeze until firm.
- Meanwhile, set aside six cherries for garnish; chop remaining cherries. In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chopped cherries. Spread into prepared crust. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups; drizzle with remaining ice cream topping.
- Garnish with reserved cherries. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 668 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 80g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 13, 2013
I made a few changes to this recipe, using an Oreo crumb pie shell, fat free vanilla ice cream, and rich dark chocolate pieces instead of peanut butter cups. It was easy, and great for making ahead of time.
Aug 5, 2012
Taste great, easy to make but would recommend freezing overnight
Apr 21, 2010
I would make this again, but will replace the peanut butter cups with bits of a plain chocolate bar. Chocolate covered cherries are wonderful by them selves and certainly have no peanut butter anywhere near them.