Cheesecake with Berry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen raspberries or blueberries , thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around outside of pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream, cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For toppings, place berries and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Serve cheesecake with sauce and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 423 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2015
awesome cheesecake. the eggs made it extra light. Upon first removing it from the oven, i tried it and it had a very odd texture, like a souffle, but the secret was refrigerating it overnight at which time it returned to the traditional cheese cake texture. I made a blueberry compote, however, instead of the berry sauce. I always have frozen blueberries in freezer from the summer and i think it makes a much better presentation along with taste. the cheesecake is not sweet and needs the extra berry sauce on top. I also had to bake mine for 1 1/2 hrs. I used a 9 inch springform pan so maybe that is why it took longer. the directions called for a 10 inch pan. I also took some out of the pan and put it in a small pyrex dish to bake as it came up to nearly the top of the pan!
Aug 31, 2015
This is delicious. I made it a day ahead and it was great but even better the next day. I served it with elderberry syrup. I'm going to freeze a piece and see how it makes out. Everyone loved it. Janet. VFE
Jul 30, 2015
Jul 30, 2015
Quick question: Would this work with fresh berries as well? I've made the cheesecake many times, and it is DIVINE!
Jun 30, 2015
New favorite cheesecake recipe! Great served with fresh strawberries as well.
May 17, 2013
Absolutely delicious - the raspberry sauce was easy and mouth watering.
Aug 16, 2012
An idea for junetennant: I've had great luck freezing cheesecake. Wrap pieces individually and place in a freezer bag. Another idea would be to make the whole cake and share the excess with your neighbors. They'll love you!
Aug 16, 2012
I have not tried this yet, as I just barely got it in my email box, but I fully intend to. You piqued my curiosity right off when you said you shipped it in dry ice. Where can I buy dry ice? I have a son and three sisters out of state, so I would like to copy your recipe and shipping method. By the way, the cheesecake sounds great to eat at home too! Thanks!
Aug 16, 2012
Too bad it is for so many servings. Looks hard to scale down to 4.
Jan 3, 2012
Awesome cheesecake, this is a winner, but next time I would make it the night before serving. I waited 2 hours before serving and it wasn't solid or set. The raspberry sauce plus whip cream is great.