Lovely Lemon Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 70 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Thin lemon slices, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan; refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 70-80 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. If desired, top cheesecake with lemon slices.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without orange peel and currants): 444 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 14, 2019
I followed the recipe directions exactly. I used the water bath and what a difference from other cheesecakes I've made. The side of the cheesecake barely needed any coaxing to be removed from the rim. I am wondering if anyone has attempted to bake this cheesecake using a convention oven. I know adjustments must be made (temperature down by 50 degrees and shorter cooking time). I'm hoping someone has tried it and can tell me how it worked.
May 10, 2016
This is a wonderful cheesecake! However I wouldn't recommend the water bath, because the cake didn't cook, so I just put it in the oven for an hour longer and without the foil, my family went nuts for it!
May 7, 2016
My daughter just won the county 4H Bake off with this recipe. The judges loved how light it was. Perfect for this time of year.