- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Mixed fresh berries, whipped cream, maple syrup and butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with toppings as desired.
Test Kitchen tips
3 pancakes: 360 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.