Hearty Multigrain Pancakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Fresh berries, maple syrup and butter, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 243 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2011
I love giving my family healthy alternatives when I can. I doubled the recipe (next time I'll need to triple it) and even my picky 6year old daughter devoured these tastey pancakes!