Hearty Multigrain Pancakes
Oats and whole wheat flour make these tasty pancakes extra hearty. Try them with applesauce spooned on top! —Jeri Tirmenstein, Apache Junction, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Fresh berries, maple syrup and butter, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with optional toppings.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 243 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 8, 2011
I love giving my family healthy alternatives when I can. I doubled the recipe (next time I'll need to triple it) and even my picky 6year old daughter devoured these tastey pancakes!