Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min.
Makes20 filled pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 3-3/4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. In a small bowl, mix flour and 2 tablespoons sugar; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir batter. Fill a 1/4-cup measure three-fourths with batter; pour into center of pan. Quickly lift, tilt and rotate pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn pancake and cook 15-20 seconds longer or until bottom is cooked. Remove to a wire rack. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon sugar.
- Repeat with remaining batter and sugar, greasing pan as needed. When cool, stack pancakes with pieces of waxed paper or paper towels. Top each pancake with 3 tablespoons ice cream. Roll up; top with berries. Serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 2 filled pancakes (calculated without berries) equals 257 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 2, 2019
These are light and delicious. I was looking for a recipe similar to ones I enjoyed as a child. I added 1/4 tsp vanilla to the batter and it was exactly what I remembered. Very good.
Jul 2, 2017
These are so delicious and easy. I cut the recipe in half and didn't refrigerate the batter. My husband says this is a home run.
Jun 29, 2017
Took me a few the perfect pancake - but that was snacking for me on the odd ones. I used some of them with scrambled eggs - some with the fruit and probably my favorite was with the ice cream and fruit. A very fun recipe.
Jun 27, 2017
We loved these. Would be great with the fruit inside also. Definitely will be making them again!
Jun 20, 2017
wonderful, tasty recipe!! My family says this is definitely a keeper!!
Jun 19, 2017
These were light, thin and delicious. I thought they might be hard to flip, but they turned out perfect! I'm going to make some strawberry cream cheese filling next time.
Jun 13, 2017
This recipe is so easy to make & my family loves it! We have a lot of fun making different fillings or we like to keep it simple with maple syrup. It's a very versatile recipe!