French Banana Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 5 to 6 firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- Whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- Sift flour and confectioners' sugar into a bowl. Add milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-in. skillet; add about 3 tablespoons batter, spreading to almost cover bottom of skillet. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter (make 10-12 pancakes), greasing skillet as needed.
- For filling, melt butter in large skillet. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in cream and cook until slightly thickened. Add half of the bananas at a time to skillet; heat for 2-3 minutes, spooning sauce over them. Remove from the heat.
- Roll a pancake around each banana half and place on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over pancakes. Top with whipped cream and dash of cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 403 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jul 13, 2018
I've made this recipe several times and these are terrific! One time I didn't have any half-n-half for the sauce and substituted sour cream instead. It made the sauce have a wonderful tang, and now I make it this way all the time.
Jun 24, 2018
My husband is on a low sodium diet, so I cut the salt in half and use unsalted butter and they are delicious. This is his favorite Sunday breakfast!
Oct 29, 2015
Feb 9, 2015
We've been making these for years. Delicious.
Jan 3, 2015
Delicious and easy.
Mar 22, 2014
The flavor is terrific! We love this recipe even my husband who does not like a crepe type pancake You have to try this one... I made extra filling to serve with this.
Aug 20, 2013
One of my family's favorites.
Aug 3, 2013
I love the filling but I would suggest less butter. When it cools a little it is easy to spot pools of butter separated from the cream. I guess the flavor won't suffer much if less butter is used.
Mar 19, 2013
Super yummy!! I've never tasted anything quite like it. The filling is perfect to top on frozen waffles or french toast! Five star recipe!!!
Mar 11, 2013
Haven't made, but want to ASAP, based on reviews. What's the best way to keep warm so everyone can eat together?