Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Semisweet chocolate chips, dried cranberries, sliced ripe bananas and coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with optional ingredients if desired. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Freeze option: Arrange cooled pancakes in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months. To use, place pancakes on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 40-50 seconds or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 242 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch.
May 17, 2019
Great pancake yogurt recipe?? but the trick to making the batter like a pancake batter with the yogurt added is to add more water until your batter is like your everyday pancake batter and add a teaspoon of vegetable oil and use self raising flour instead of all purpose flour and leave out the baking powder and baking soda and cook them just like you would when cooking pancakes out of the box???? here are some pictures of my pancake yogurt recipe
Dec 25, 2018
Love this recipe! I use fage greek yogurt and add more water then I usually make waffles. We like them with blueberries.
Oct 18, 2018
The only change I made to the recipe was to use Greek yogurt rather than regular yogurt for the added protein boost, and a little splash of vanilla. I did some with mini chocolate chips, some with blueberries, and some plain that we will enjoy with some strawberry butter or blueberry syrup. I loved these because they are simple to make, a breeze to customize, store well, and reheat quickly.
Jul 1, 2018
Horrendous! These pancakes are TERRIBLE! It bewilders me that people actually gave it 5 stars. If there was an option to rate it 0, I WOULD. Batter did not turn out smooth, more like cookie dough. It was EXTREMELY dense and impossible to flip without it constantly sticking to the spatula! I didn’t even cook it all the way because of the issue. Once I got the outside layer golden brown, I laid it on a plate. I only ate the cooked parts and IT WAS GROSS! Very rubbery, barely any flavor, and just disappointing in general. Honestly, it’s not worth your time or ingredients. So surprised that people enjoy this crap called a, “yogurt pancake.” What a disgusting recipe!
Jun 14, 2018
Delicious!!! I added a few ingredients for my own taste, but I enjoyed the original recipe as well ?? Thank you!
May 6, 2018
Yuck! What a waste of good yogurt. DENSE, HEAVY and tasteless. I used vanilla bean yougurt and was expecting the taste to really come through, but for some reason these had less flavor than regular pancakes. Also, since the pancakes are so dense this recipe really makes too many.
Jul 31, 2017
Simple, and easy recipe!!! I used key lime Greek Yogurt and added some cinnamon, and cut the recipe in half, as I was cooking only for myself, but the pancakes were light, fluffy, and tasted FANTASTIC!!!
Nov 12, 2016
I used vanilla yogurt and added 2 tbsps of melted butter and it was the fluffiest and tastiest pancakes we've had. Yummy!
Sep 24, 2016
Heavy, rubbery, protein-y, and strange. Just doesn't go with syrup. If I made these again, I would most likely nix the sugar and syrup, add a little diced onion and some shredded potato (or cauliflower), and serve them with either ketchup or maybe with hummus or something.
Mar 12, 2016
Amazing, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm going to experiment with whole wheat flour