Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Applesauce, warmed, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with applesauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 286 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2013
we love chader cheese and this really make a good pancake. i made them for sunday breakfast.. on this day we have huge breakfast and always try different recipes for breakfast. they were quick, esy and yummy