This is our favorite special-occasion breakfast. I usually double the recipe and freeze leftovers for a quick midweek morning meal. —Virginia Mae Folsom, Agincourt, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Applesauce, warmed, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with applesauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 286 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Cheddar Pancakes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Oct 29, 2013
we love chader cheese and this really make a good pancake. i made them for sunday breakfast.. on this day we have huge breakfast and always try different recipes for breakfast. they were quick, esy and yummy