Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 (2-inch) pancakes
- 3 cups finely shredded peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- Applesauce or maple syrup, optional
- In a sieve or colander, drain potatoes, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in eggs until blended. Add onion and reserved potatoes; toss to coat.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a preheated greased skillet. Fry in batches until lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce or syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Oct 20, 2017
Welcome to rocking horse ranch resorts
Apr 12, 2011
I didn't peel the potatoes and used the coarse side of the grater because it is faster. They turned out fine.
Jan 30, 2011
These reminded me of the potato pancakes my mother used to make when I was a child. Absolutely delicious!
Jan 5, 2011
the potato mix kept on getting more and more soupy like
Nov 2, 2010
Oh so good! Just like my grandmother used to make.~ Theresa
Dec 6, 2009
These pancakes are crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside and very tasty. I'm throwing out my old recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.