Birthday Cake Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup yellow or white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Additional sprinkles
- Whisk pancake mix and cake mix. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, 1-1/2 cups milk and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Let stand 10 minutes. Fold in 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- On a lightly greased griddle over medium heat, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls to create six large pancakes. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop; turn. Cook until golden brown. Repeat, using smaller amounts of batter to create pancakes of different sizes.
- Microwave frosting and remaining milk, covered, on high until melted, 10-15 seconds. On each of the large pancakes, layer smaller pancakes in order of decreasing size with the smallest on top; drizzle with frosting. Top with additional sprinkles. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 5-10 minutes. Or place a stack of pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 30-90 seconds or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 396 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 558mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2016
These were ok, not the most tender pancakes in the world. The recipe also didn't yield as much as stated, nowhere close. But they are good and perfect for children. I think next time I'll use a homemade pancake mix instead of a store bought one. The longer you let the batter rest the fluffier!
May 23, 2015
This was fun to make and so good! My kids were crazy for the sprinkles. The recipe made a lot, too, so I did use the freezer tip - they reheated really well.