Coconut Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Stir in the coconut, chips and nuts. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 195 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 21, 2016
I've been making these cookies for years. They are my go to easy cookie recipe. My friends and family rave about them. Even people that don't like coconut, like these cookies. I like to use salted macadamia nuts or almonds to cut down the sweetness a tiny bit.
Aug 2, 2013
These are super-easy to make. They are ready to bake and eat in no time. They do have a cake mix flavor to them, but my husband loves cake mix cakes so he actually loved that about them.
Dec 16, 2012
Used 1/2 cup each nuts and cc, turned out just right. do not over bake...they will look under-cooked, but do not over bake.
Jan 26, 2011
Great, tasty quick recipe! Don't change a thing!
Jun 7, 2010
So far this is one of my favorite cookies to make so far. Recently I have made at least over 12 dozen cookies so far. I even got compliments from co-workers. I will try to increase the cup of nuts from 1/4 to 1/3 because one person didn't even taste any of the macadamia. Will in the future try chopped almonds. Thanks TOH for this wonderful recipe!!!
Dec 19, 2008
Thank you Flora for such a GREAT recipe. Everyone that tries these, loves them. Whenever we are invited to someones house, they ask my son to bring them. Thanks again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.