Coconut Banana Cookies
This is a springtime variation on my grandma's banana drop cookies and, with tons of coconut flavor, it's perfect for Easter. —Elyse Benner, Solon, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream shortening, cashew butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in next five ingredients until thoroughly mixed. In a separate bowl, mix unsweetened coconut and flour. Beat into creamed mixture just until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with sweetened coconut. Bake until edges are golden brown, 15-20 minutes (cookies will have cake-like texture). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Editor's NoteLook for unsweetened coconut in the baking or health food section.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 232 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Coconut Banana Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2017