Potato Chip Banana Bread Cookies
My 5-year-old wanted to bake a cake with potato chips and bananas. I couldn't quite manage that, but I did combine two cookie recipes to create these. They are stunningly delicious, and everyone tells me they are addictive! —Rebecca Emmons, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed baked potato chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in bananas, eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in potato chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 129 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Robert's Potato Chip Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.