Jeweled Coconut Drops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and almond extract. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape rounded tablespoons of dough into balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in the center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake until edges are light brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool 1 minute. Using the wooden spoon, enlarge any indentations that may have narrowed or closed. Remove cookies from pans to wire racks. Fill with preserves; cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 110 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 19, 2019
HELP! These look so yummy so I tried this recipe but the cookies baked flat...very flat. What did I do wrong?
Jun 22, 2017
The combination of the orange juice, almond flavoring with the coconut topped with jam is unbelievable. I will make these again and again!!!
Nov 22, 2014
The flavors are delicious! However, I made 2 inch balls the first batch and it only made 14 cookies and took almost 15 minutes to bake. We tried again and rolled them as 1 inch cookies and were able to get more out of the batch. These we baked for about 10 minutes. We topped them with raspberry jam and half with Nutella.
Dec 27, 2011
Everyone LOVES when I make these cookies. Simple and Delicious!
Dec 12, 2009
I made these for a cookie exchange without having ever made them. They were delicious and I just printed out a recipe to give to someone from the exchange that thought they were delicious.
Dec 7, 2008
I found this recipe several years ago in my Taste of Home magazine, and have made it every Christmas season since. I don't think any recipe I have has gotten as many compliments as this one did. People are always asking me for the recipe. The cookies are incredibly delicious.