Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and lime juice. In another bowl, whisk flour, pudding mix, baking soda and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pistachios and dried cranberries. With clean beaters, beat egg white on medium speed until thick and foamy; stir in coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Top with coconut mixture. Bake until until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Sprinkle with lime zest. Store in airtight containers.
Test Kitchen tips
1 cookie: 82 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.