Coconut, Lime and Pistachio Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and lime juice. In another bowl, whisk flour, pudding mix, baking soda and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pistachios and dried cranberries. With clean beaters, beat egg white on medium speed until thick and foamy; stir in coconut.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. Top with coconut mixture. Bake until until edges begin to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Sprinkle with lime zest. Store in airtight containers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 82 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
The Recipe is delicious, BUT it follows the traditional ratios of Chocolate Chip Cookies; therefore, the flour SHOULD BE 2 1/4 cups, not 1 1/4 cups. I USED 2 1/4 CUPS FLOUR. The cookies came out perfectly!
Dec 2, 2018
I am an accomplished baker. SO disappointed in what these cookies ended up looking like. They were almost like Florentines. I was going to use them for Christmas, but can't. A lot of work and ingredients to throw out! I used 1/2 C butter and 1/2 C Crisco. I am not sure what shortening the baker used. I am thinking if I make them again I would use 1 1/2 C flour. They spread like crazy and all baked together. That being said -- they were delicious.