Coconut Crunch Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 138 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
May 11, 2014
So good, we love these...different, tasty...just like an almond joy in a delicious cookie. I used slivered almonds and left them chunky, wow. Yummo. I am editing this review...I added these to my xmas cookie platter and people went crazy for them. Just as easy as a drop choc chip cookie to make, but the taste is like nothing people have experienced. Another winner!
Apr 17, 2014
I didn't use almond extract or almonds since a few of us can't eat nuts but they were soooo good! Tasted like a Mounds bar.
Feb 14, 2014
These cookies are soooo good!
Dec 6, 2012
My cookies spread and flattened out. They tasted like a chocolate chip cookie with coconut added to it. Nothing memorable.
Nov 30, 2012
These are pretty good but the almond extract is too overpowering. Next time I will cut the almond extract in half so to better balance the different flavors.
Nov 17, 2012
My new favorite cookie!
Nov 9, 2012
Bland & the almond extract a tad over powering with smell
Sep 16, 2012
This isn't a very pretty cookie but it does taste very good! I found that I had to watch them very closely- they get overdone in the blink of an eye. I also ended up rotating my cookie sheet half way through the baking time for more uniform cookies.
Feb 21, 2012
Really loved these cookies! They are a bit expensive to make, but well worth it!
Dec 8, 2011
DELICIOUS! Simple to make and oh-so-good. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because that's what I keep in my pantry. My husband agreed that this was definitely a keeper!