Coconut Crunch Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 138 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 11, 2014
So good, we love these...different, tasty...just like an almond joy in a delicious cookie. I used slivered almonds and left them chunky, wow. Yummo. I am editing this review...I added these to my xmas cookie platter and people went crazy for them. Just as easy as a drop choc chip cookie to make, but the taste is like nothing people have experienced. Another winner!
Apr 17, 2014
I didn't use almond extract or almonds since a few of us can't eat nuts but they were soooo good! Tasted like a Mounds bar.
Feb 14, 2014
These cookies are soooo good!
Dec 6, 2012
My cookies spread and flattened out. They tasted like a chocolate chip cookie with coconut added to it. Nothing memorable.
Nov 30, 2012
These are pretty good but the almond extract is too overpowering. Next time I will cut the almond extract in half so to better balance the different flavors.
Nov 17, 2012
My new favorite cookie!
Nov 9, 2012
Bland & the almond extract a tad over powering with smell
Sep 16, 2012
This isn't a very pretty cookie but it does taste very good! I found that I had to watch them very closely- they get overdone in the blink of an eye. I also ended up rotating my cookie sheet half way through the baking time for more uniform cookies.
Feb 21, 2012
Really loved these cookies! They are a bit expensive to make, but well worth it!
Dec 8, 2011
DELICIOUS! Simple to make and oh-so-good. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because that's what I keep in my pantry. My husband agreed that this was definitely a keeper!