Toasted Coconut Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in oats, coconut and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 190 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 5, 2011
family and friends couldn't believe I made these addictive and perfect cookies
Nov 19, 2010
These cookies are fantastic. I do not really care for coconut, but that flavor and texture did not really come through in this cookie. I made these as a bar cookie and had 96 little bites. I took them to work and they were gone very, very quickly. Absolutely a keeper!
Jul 20, 2010
Delicious cookies! I used coconut extract, only 1 cup coconut, but added 1/2 cup of vanilla chips. Also because there are only two of us--I froze dough balls of these cookies and bake up (frozen) how ever many I need.
Apr 10, 2010
Really good cookies. Made a few changes. Replaced 1 tsp. of the vanilla extract with 1 tsp. coconut extract. Also I used 2 cups of coconut and only 1 cup of oats. Didn't have walnuts so I used toasted pecans. Everyone loved them. Thanks!
Feb 8, 2010
These are wonderful cookies. I use pecans rather than walnuts. They disappear very quickly. They are my grandson's favorite!
Jan 15, 2008
I made these cookies about a week ago. They are good, especially if you like coconut, and nuts, which I do. I would give them a good rating.