Salted Cashew Oatmeal Cookies
My son absolutely loves cashews, so I loaded my oatmeal cookies with them at Christmas—he loved them! The mix makes a great gift for friends, co-workers and teachers; all they have to do is add butter, vanilla and eggs. —Richard Hatch, Glen Burnie, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makes1 batch (about 4 cups mix)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup salted whole cashews
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- Whisk flour, baking soda and cinnamon. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, granulated sugar, oats and cashews in order listed. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 3 months.
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add egg and yolk until well blended. Add cookie mixture; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1-1/2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 104 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Salted Cashew Oatmeal Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.