Sea Salt Mint White Mocha Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, espresso powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in oats and white chips.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges begin to brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 229 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 3, 2018
I followed the recipe to the T and these are amazing. I did forget mint in half the batch and they still tasted so good! The espresso came out more without the mint, but was still subtle enough that I'd recommend these to people who don't like coffee. When I pulled the batches out of the oven they still looked underdone on top so I stuck them in for an extra minute. While warm this was perfect, they did cook more on the pan and when cool firmed up greatly. I would have taken them out while a bit underdone next time - which really is what the recipe says: when beginning to brown, take out. The time in the recipe is perfect too.