Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, melted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granules until dissolved; cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the sugars, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with melted milk chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 152 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2017
Very disappointing. Cookies didn't spread at all, even when pressed down before baking. Taste was okay, not great, definitely not worth trying this recipe again. Also I used a TBSP scoop and it made 2 dozen cookies, not 15, FYI.
Nov 1, 2016
Pretty good! They taste better the next day though. Rich & chewy.
Sep 21, 2016
Delicious - I made about 30 bite sized cookies. They are very fudgy and rich - will definitely make again!
Jun 14, 2014
These are very good and fudgy. I doubled the amount of instant coffee (used instant espresso) and omitted the melted milk chocolate. I doubled the recipe (used 2 T instant espresso total) and used 1/4 cup unsalted butter and 1/4 cup light butter. I got about 38 cookies total.
Dec 13, 2012
Amazing! I have to make two batches. One is not enough. I recommend using 1 packet of Starbucks Via Christmas Blend.
Dec 11, 2012
Very good! Made for a party and everybody loved them, even got asked for the recipe!
Dec 16, 2011
The best chocolate cookie ever! I didn't put icing on them to allow the bold flavors to burst through. If you are a fan of frosted brownies, then go for the icing. Have a tall glass of ice cold milk or a hot cup of coffee ready. Thanks for this outstanding recipe!
Dec 4, 2011
These cookies are great. I used an expresso coffee powder and doubled it. I didn't have any milk chocolate for the topping so I melted chocolate chips and spread that on top. These were a lunch time hit at work. I'll be baking these again soon.
Nov 26, 2011
Great cookie for the adults after dinner. Love the coffee and chocolate together. Definately will make this recipe again.
Dec 30, 2009
These are yummy. All my relatives liked them and wanted the recipe!