Mimosa Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream first four ingredients until light and fluffy. Mix juice and champagne. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with juice mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #1M star tip. Transfer dough to bag; pipe 2-in. circles 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are set, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 95 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 10, 2019
Wow, these are sinful. I didn't have real oranges on hand so I replaced the zest with about a tablespoon and a half of lemon curd. I also didn't have champagne, so just did 100% orange juice. They came out amazing. I swear I'm gonna gain ten pounds because I can't stop munching on these.
Dec 24, 2018
I used a pink moscato champagne, they came out beautifully only thing I would change is a stronger orange flavor. I used the zest of a whole navel. I’ll maybe try artificial? Maybe not...