Mimosa Butter Cookies
You can add many different flavors to butter cookies to make them your own. Try an alternate type of citrus zest, or add an alternate liquid to change things up. —Sara Lark, Raton, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream first four ingredients until light and fluffy. Mix juice and champagne. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with juice mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #1M star tip. Transfer dough to bag; pipe 2-in. circles 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are set, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 95 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Mimosa Butter Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.