Red Velvet White Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, food coloring and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, 6-8 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 12, 2018
I LOVE these cookies! Every time I make them I'm blown away by how quick and delicious they are.
May 8, 2018
Awesome cookies! I added 1 cup white chocolate chips to the batter and baked for 7 minutes.
Mar 18, 2018
Really easy recipe, just like my standard cc cookie recipe. And taste great
Dec 11, 2017
Yummy, yummy, yummy and so easy to make. I also added chopped maraschino cherries. A gift wrapped in cellophane for Christmas for my friends.
Feb 17, 2017
I first made these a couple years ago. They are nice & soft & have a wonderful flavor. They became a fast favorite for me & my son & I make them often.
Feb 15, 2017
I made these cookies and sampled 2 of them-they were really delicious! Only change was oven setting to 350o F. Thank you for this recipe!
Nov 7, 2016
I made these cookies for my blog recently for a 12 Days of Cookies post this December. They were a hit with my family and neighbor. True red velvet flavor in a cookie. Perfect for a holiday cookie tray, tailgate snack or lunchbox. I love that there is not an excessive amount of red food coloring yet the color is stunning and definitely lets people know it's red velvet.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.