Red Velvet White Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk, food coloring and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in baking chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until set, 6-8 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2019
My guys liked these. I made them for the holidays. I found them a tad too sweet. Will go back to making dark chocolate white chip, unless specifically requested.
Jul 31, 2018
I made these for my husbands co-worker and it was a hit. They are delicious and so easy to prepare!!
Jun 12, 2018
I LOVE these cookies! Every time I make them I'm blown away by how quick and delicious they are.
May 8, 2018
Awesome cookies! I added 1 cup white chocolate chips to the batter and baked for 7 minutes.
Mar 18, 2018
Really easy recipe, just like my standard cc cookie recipe. And taste great
Dec 11, 2017
Yummy, yummy, yummy and so easy to make. I also added chopped maraschino cherries. A gift wrapped in cellophane for Christmas for my friends.
Feb 17, 2017
I first made these a couple years ago. They are nice & soft & have a wonderful flavor. They became a fast favorite for me & my son & I make them often.
Feb 15, 2017
I made these cookies and sampled 2 of them-they were really delicious! Only change was oven setting to 350o F. Thank you for this recipe!
Nov 7, 2016
I made these cookies for my blog recently for a 12 Days of Cookies post this December. They were a hit with my family and neighbor. True red velvet flavor in a cookie. Perfect for a holiday cookie tray, tailgate snack or lunchbox. I love that there is not an excessive amount of red food coloring yet the color is stunning and definitely lets people know it's red velvet.