Triple Chocolate Cookie Mix
Everyone likes a good old-fashioned cookie mix—and this one is especially popular with chocoholics! Tie the prep and baking directions to the jar with a colorful ribbon. —Patricia Swart, Galloway, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk 1-1/4 cups flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining flour. In an airtight 5-cup or larger container, layer half of flour mixture and half of cocoa mixture; repeat. Layer sugars and chips in the order listed. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 5 cups).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add cookie mix; mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until firm, 12-14 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as TRIPLE CHOCOLATE COOKIE MIX in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.