Triple Chocolate Dream Pie
Creamy chocolate pie makes for an indulgent dessert. My light version let's you have this treat without any guilt. Sometimes I add a teaspoon of instant coffee granules to the sugar-cocoa mixture for a mocha pie.— Mary Ann Ring, Bluffton, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon grated chocolate
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and egg white; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Spread whipped topping over filling; sprinkle with grated chocolate.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 268 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Dream Pie in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.