Oatmeal Chip Cookie Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pulse oats in a food processor until finely ground; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer oats, flour mixture, chips, almonds, coconut, brown sugar and granulated sugar, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cookie mixture; blend well (mixture will be dry). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 260 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 23, 2014
I just made this recipe for a HOA BBQ today and everyone loved them. I'm glad I cut the Chocolate chips to 1/2 a cup.
Jul 21, 2009
It doesn't say that you have to wait 6 months. It says that the mix will keep for 6 months.
Jun 19, 2009
Is there any way to make this recipe without having to wait 6 months? My aunt had an oatmeal cookie recipe that involved mixing some of the ingredients and waiting about 6 hours for it to soften. Why does this recipe indicate that you must wait for 6 months?