Triple-Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
What could be better than a brownie crust layered with chocolate cheesecake and topped with chocolate ganache? These cheesecake bars will satisfy even the biggest chocolate lovers out there. —Andrea Price, Grafton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add egg; blend well. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir just until combined. Spread into a thin layer into prepared pan. Bake until top appears dry, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate chips. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over brownie layer. Bake until filling is set, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla; cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake layer; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 180 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2019