Triple-Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Add egg; blend well. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir just until combined. Spread into a thin layer into prepared pan. Bake until top appears dry, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate chips. Add beaten eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over brownie layer. Bake until filling is set, 25-30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- For ganache, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla; cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake layer; cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 180 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 6, 2019
These cheesecake bars were so delicious! I made them for Thanksgiving and they were gobbled up in no time! They are now going to be a part of my dessert repertoire! Thank you, Andrea for your Grand Prize winning recipe!!!
Nov 10, 2019
Delicious ... Rich and decadent. A chocolate lovers dream. I added a scoop of vanilla ice cream. So good!